Friday, May 8, 2009

Quarter-life Crisis


It’s been forever since my last post. I guess I have been deeply immersed in my self-created chasm. I’ve been thinking about a lot of things lately...mostly about how my life had turned out. Funny as it may sound, I do....


While I was surfing the internet, I found this very interesting term, “quarter-life crisis”. This is actually the first time I’ve heard of this. According to Wikipedia, the term is named by analogy with mid-life crisis. In the context of the quarter-life crisis, however, it occurs shortly after a young person – usually an educated professional, in this context – enters the "real world". After entering adult life and coming to terms with its responsibilities, some individuals find themselves experiencing career stagnation or extreme insecurity...ya da ya da...


Reading through the article, I thought I saw a glimpse of myself and how I’ve been feeling lately. I now know the term for it. I’ve been telling my friends that I feel under-achieved...that I should be someplace else doing different things and not where I am right now. There are a lot of things that I wanna do...I want to achieve...but can’t seem to get the chance to do so...it’s a struggle.


The feeling sucks! Big time! I just hope that I will be able to surpass this darn thing, whatever crisis it is and be able to say, as my favorite blogger says it, “I claim my place in the sun.”

No comments: