Monday, May 25, 2009

Nature Trip

In my recent post, I was talking about my inclination to mother nature and how I wanted to join Papa Rics on his adventures. Well, I didn’t wait that long…Papa Rics and his pals went back to Haduan Falls…this time, I was with them! Yep yep, you read that right, I went to Haduan Falls yesterday. Not with a bike though…yesterday was a pure trek.


Our call time was 8AM so I was awake by 5:30 in the morning preparing my stuff. When I got to our meeting place at Clark Maingate, everybody’s already there: Papa Rics, Jogs and his girlfriend, Yay and his girlfriend and his sister. The group’s ready for the adventure.



Haduan Falls is located behind Clarfield so we went to Clark’s Gate 14 and looked for a guide. Jogs has been there soo many times already that we really don’t need a guide anymore, so we just took one with us. We started to hike at around 8:30 in the morning, the sun is already high but not that hot yet. The trek was very strenuous. It was not a continuous uphill walk, there were lots of downhill trekking as well which made it a little harder. The trek going to Haduan Falls last for about an hour or so. We walked, stopped for a little photo-opt, then walked again, and climbed some rocks. We even had to pass this waist-deep water to get to our destination.


After doing all of that, we finally reached our target point…the Haduan Falls. The moment I saw the falls, man, all the exhaustion that I felt during the trek suddenly disappeared…No kidding…the place is just breath-taking! The water is really cold and nice. We swam…well, they swam I just dipped myself into the water coz I don’t know how to swim (well, I’m actually looking into taking swimming lessons now…hehehe). Then we climbed the falls and went to the other one above it. Jogs told us that the falls above the first falls that we saw is actually the Haduan falls. It was higher and more beautiful. When we headed back to the first falls, we were challenged to jump off it. I declined and went down. The others took the challenge except for me and Jogs’ girlfriend. After eating, they dared me one more time. I took the challenge this time. I can’t go back being the only one who didn’t jump. I gathered all my courage and jumped off the freakin’ falls! And I did it! Jog’s girlfriend did it too. So we went back with no regrets coz all of us jumped.


On our way back, the trek was much more strenuous. The sun is very high and it’s scorching hot. I felt like my throat was drying up so fast and I was running out of air. I had a hard time pulling myself up on the very steep uphill climb that we had to do…but hey, I made it. I was able to write this blog so it means I still got home…hehehe…



It was a very fun adventure that I will never forget….we’re actually planning on our next trek already. Our next stop: Arayat Summit!


Here are some of the pics from my little adventure at Haduan Falls:

No comments: