Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Mind Boggles


I never really wrote about something that really occupies my thoughts. Probably it’s because I don’t have the time to put them into writing or I just wanted to keep them for myself and never really talk about it.

I came across few articles/blogs and it made me feel that, somehow, writing about your thoughts is not really a bad idea…especially if you don’t have someone to discuss these thoughts with. (too bad for me, I guess…hehehe)

What am I thinking about now? Well, a lot of things…way lot of things. Actually, most of these thoughts that I have now would be about my career…work. I’ve been working in this company for almost four years now and I feel that there’s no growth for me anymore. I want to move on and try another work but something’s holding me back…not sure what that is. Could it be because I got too comfortable with my current job and now I’m hesitant to take the risk and look for other opportunities for me? It could also be that I can’t look for another job that would have the same or similar compensation with what I’m currently getting. I mean, with all the prices going up, this is one of the first things that you consider when searching for a job. Or it could be that I don’t have much faith with my capabilities anymore.

I know the last possibility that I mentioned is a bit disturbing but there are instances that I feel this way. I must admit, I learned a lot of things, both professional and personal, with my current job but at the same time I somehow feel that being in this job for quite a while, I already lost my capability to pursue the career that I wanted to begin with. The world that I hoped to live in when I was still in college is a very competitive world, up to now, that is still a fact. Whenever I watch the news and see how these people I look up to do their jobs, I could only imagine the thrill that they’re experiencing with every news they deliver. Oh, how I long to be part of them, do the same things that they’re doing but as I’ve said, I’m not even sure anymore if I have the edge to do that.

I guess for now this will just remain in my imagination.

No comments: